Call Us: 760-727-7842

Manufactured Home Help By State

What Are State Administrative Agencies?

Although manufactured homes are legislated by Housing and Urban Development Administration (the Federal Government), in most cases their installations and governance are over overseen by “State Administrative Agencies”. These SAA’s control all manufactured housing issues, installation and governance on a state-by-state basis. For a complete listing:

California: Department of Housing and Community Development

Department of Housing and Community Development
Manufactured Housing Section
1800 Third Street, Suite 260
Sacramento, CA 95814-6900
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 31
Sacramento, CA 95812-0031
PH: (916) 327-2651
FAX: (916) 327-4712

California: Titling Information

In California, HCD is both the titling and registration agency as well as the building oversight agency with respect to determining a permanent foundation. The detitling document is called a 433A and it is recorded once a permit has been pulled at the appropriate building jurisdiction presenting engineered plans for a state approved permanent foundation system. Once issued, the foundation system is installed and inspected by the building official and the 433A is recorded and then detitled by sending documentation to Sacramento. No matter what type of foundation is supporting a manufactured home, without a 433A, the foundation does not technically meet California state codes. Generally speaking the title company will not issue title insurance without a 433A.


Other Important California Sites: